RV Painting

Nothing adds a fresh look like a fresh coat of paint!  This took us about a full month of weekends. After removing the wallpaper boarders and wiping down the entire place with acetone to de-grease the walls we applied two coats of Valspar “Bonding Primer Sealer”. It’s been about 10 months now and this stuff has really worked in holding the paint on the walls/wallpaper. We then did one or two coats of the white, depending on the need for it, and two coats of the dark blackish blue on the lower cabinets. Of course the taping off of the cabinets and other things took longer then the actual painting, and it did feel like a lot of work, but in the end we were very happy with the way it turned out.

We took the cabinet doors and drawers home for the entire painting process. The process was the same with the acetone, primer, then paint. We just used a higher end very fine paint brush and it provided a nice smooth finish. We painted both inside and out of the doors (and some of the drawers if it was needed) but did not paint the inside of the cabinets. Once all your stuff is inside the cabinets you can’t tell the difference anyway. Also, we replaced the handles with an updated style we found on Amazon for a great price and ordered in bulk. They turned out great! I had some hesitation over the hinges, but we decided not to replace them. I cleaned them up and dulled down the bright brass color with paint thinner and just reused them.

This was the biggest transformation we have done on this camper. Getting rid of the ugly wallpaper and dated colors was very rewarding in the end.

(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply